Skybags Warranty: Peace of Mind for Your Travel Gear
Warranty Terms and Conditions
V.I.P. Industries Ltd. the Company hereby provides warranty on all luggage items of Brand “Skybags” for the period mentioned on the baggage tag from the date of purchase by the user against any material manufacturing defects only. The warranty is subject to the following conditions:
1. The user can claim warranty by activating the product e-warranty through the company website www.vipbags.com or through the call center 022-4172-4444. It is mandatory for the product to be e-warranty registered before raising any warranty claim. Please visit your nearest VIP exclusive outlet for further details.
2. The defective piece must be delivered by the User at his/her/its own cost to the company's nearest service center, as per the details indicated in the service ticket.
3. This Warranty is not valid for:
• Damages resulting from accidents, mishandling, negligence, unauthorized repair, tampering, loss of components/accessories, normal wear and tear, exposure to extreme heat and temperature, solvents, acids and exposure to rain/water.
• Replacement/repair of briefcase folios and suitcase divider flaps.
• Powder coating, gold plating, wood finish on locks, frames, channels and on all other metallic surfaces.
• Damages such as zip bursts, cracks, dents and scratches to any of the components, tearing of inner lining or any other fabric.
• Damages from mishandling and abuse in transit by the carrier company (Airlines etc.) (if such abuse occurs, one must immediately file a claim with the Carrier Company before leaving the transport terminal)
• Damages to the leather trimmings and net mesh.
• Printing aesthetic issues.
4. The Company will undertake to repair/replace the defective piece within a reasonable period of time, at its own discretion; and its decision as to the nature of the defects and applicability of this Warranty, is final.
5. In the interest of product upgrading, the Company is free to change its product specifications without notice; and in case spares for given models are not available, the Company may at its discretion, offer an equivalent model.
6. Any disputes arising out of the applicability/usage warranty are subject to Indian laws having Mumbai jurisdiction only
7. The Company's liability for damages shall be restricted only up to repair/replacement of the defective piece and in no event and under no circumstances it shall exceed the price paid (after discounts if any) by the customer to the Company for the damaged piece stated in the Invoice/cash memo.
8. This Warranty excludes every condition/warranty liability not expressly set out herein.
9. All locks and security mechanisms fitted on the luggage are delaying devices and cannot prevent theft of the contents and luggage.
10. Besides the aforesaid terms and conditions, for availing the International Warranty, the procedure as mentioned below also needs to be followed by the user to exercise this warranty on the product:
• To avail of this warranty the user can call the Company's call center number or inform by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The user will have to provide necessary documents including the QR code, invoice (and the photo of the defective piece if physical product is not available for inspection) physically at the service center or by email or fax at the address/fax number that the call center may provide.
• The piece must be delivered to and collected back from the nearest service center in the country of travel at the user's cost, while the address will be provided by the Company through the call center. In case a repair center is not available, the company, at its own discretion may choose to offer the same or equivalent product at the alternate Indian address of the customer.
• The Company reserves the right to repair or replace the defective piece as deemed suitable; in case of replacement, the defective piece shall be replaced with another piece of the same model or equivalent model of any of the Company's brands at the Company's discretion.
• The Company or its representative(s) will undertake to repair or replace the defective parts/piece within a reasonable period of time and its decision as to the nature of defect and the applicability of the warranty is final.
• In case of service call being raised outside of India in any country which is covered by this warranty and in the case where the Company approves the replacement of the defective piece – the fresh piece will either have to be picked up by the user from the Company's service center or the Company may agree to deliver the same to the user at the address provided by him/her, which should be within the limits of the country from where the service call was originated.
• In case the Company agrees to deliver the replacement free of cost to the user at the address provided and agreed, the user may be required to deliver the defective piece at its own cost, either before or after receipt of replacement in lieu of the defective piece, to the nearest service center location as may be informed by the Company.